Followers

Friday 1 January 2010

By The Cute and Girly Challenge 4

wow!! can you believe it is 2010 already!! I know It makes me sound really old, but where did last year go!!
Well, its the start of a new month, start of a new year, and start of another new challenge over at By The Cute and Girly Debby has set the challenge for this month and appropriately the challenge is : NEW

This new home card was made by cutting some of the "Papermania scalloped 8x8" " down to create the card base. I have used "American Crafts - the colour of memories" on the inside of the card, and finally I have used some "sugar nellie" manga kids and I have coloured them with whispers pens.

This was a very quick card. The topper and the little house are from my "Kanban - Lorali Faries kit" the paper was from my scrap box...I think it is "Sandylion" I have just added some faux stitching and the pearls as a finishing touch. I have made this for a friend who is in a world of her own and loves the thought of everything fairytale!!! so this is perfect for her.

Finally this is a page I have done of my wedding cake. I have been married for almost 10 years and this only the 2nd page I have done of my wedding album. This page is of my wedding cake. The background is done using "HOTP" and I have inked around the edges using "Distress ink - worn lipstick" again the papers are from the bottom of my scrap box. Then I have made some flowers using my new flower punch! Can you believe I have been crafting all this time and I have only just purchased a flower punch!! and finished off using some swirl peeloffs. The journaling tells the story of my Mum making the cake and then my sister in law decorating it.

Please pop over to By The Cute and Girly and have a look at the rest of the design teams amazing designs!! also as usual we have some totally amazing prizes on offer so please come and join in with us! We cant wait to see your creations!

Hugs to you all Juls

26 comments:

  1. Love your cards and your page Juls, FABULOUS work. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cards Juls, I love the scrapbook page your wedding cake is gorgeous. Happy new year hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW everything is stunning and your scrap page is amazing!!! Happy New Year!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Juls,
    I agree the years just fly by, I still think I'm 19 till I look in the mirror .
    Your cards and scrapbook page are a joy, my fav is the pretty pink one, I'm a pink girl at heart. janex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those cards Juls. My favourite is the one with the Manga Kids - they are so cute. Love the album page too, lovely cake. Happy New Year, looking forward to seeing many more of your beautiful creation in 2010. Thanks for all your support in 2009.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these creations are all beautiful, although i especially love the scrapbook page, and cute Manga's!

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jules

    All great makes, love the dimension of the forst one adn the pink one is just adorable even if it was as you say quick to make.

    Like you, wonder where last year went. Must be we are so engrossed in craft and blogland real life passes us by ?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowww Juls,what beautiful,i love your image and papers.

    I wish you a very happy new year.
    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Juls all your projects are so Beautiful!
    Fab papers and your coloring is perfect!
    Have a Happy,Healthy,Prosperous and Crafty 2010!
    Hugs,Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW all three of these creations are really pretty!! Love the images in the first and that second card is absolutely gorgeous!!! I just love it!! Your layout is beautiful as well! That cake looks too good to eat!! LOl
    Thanks so much for your lovely visit to my blog and best wishes for a happy New Year!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab cards and scrapbook page love the house card thats fab!!
    You are 2 pages ahead of me i have been married (i think) 18 yrs and have no scrapbook done.!!LOl!

    Happy New year!

    Hugs Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are fantastic Juls, awesome coloring! I especially love the fairytale looking one, very magical feeling!
    Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Juls,

    What a lovely creations you've made.
    Everyone is so beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  14. ow wow! you have made gorgeous creations Juls!

    hugs,

    Mélanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jaw dropping gorgeous stuff you have shared today! Awesome design elements. Cheers and Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards Juls. Love the images you've used and the colours also. Hope you and your family have a fabulous 2010. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Juls
    Happy new year. Your cards and page are all stunning. I love the colours and gorgeous details.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards Juls and your Wedding Cake looks scrummy. Wishing you and your family all the best for 2010
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. I have been strolling through you blog. Some really fab stuff here. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog too. I have joined your list of followers so that I can keep up to date!
    Love sarah XXX

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow Juls three stunning cards and the new home one is just beautiful I love it...know what you mean the years seem to go faster and faster
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Juls, I love your Manga card and how you have coloured them with whisper pens. Really love your 'quick' fairy card, that is awesome and can't believe (but could if it were me) scrapping your 2nd wedding page in 10 years. Just imagine how your page would have looked if you scrapped it 10 years ago! Wishing you a Very Happy New Year, keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow these three creations are splendid and I cannot believe how easily the second card came together it look like a masterpiece! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  23. well you ROCKED those manga kids, and the fairytale card is super pretty, but that cake is JUST GORJE! the page is perfect, girl, and i want a slice! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. great projects Juls! I love the whimsical house. super cute. And I had to chuckle about your 2nd layout of your wedding. I am the same way. Behind in my scrapbooking.
    Hope you are well!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is NEVER too late to scrap your wedding cake! What a FABULOUS layout! At this rate you'll be married 50 years and have 10 pics done!!! I wish you listed your email so I could tell you how much I appreciate all of your sweet comments - especially from someone as talented as you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sweet cards, your friend is going to LOVE that fairy scene card, it's so pretty! And your page is lovely, pretty gold swirls...your cake was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete