Followers

Friday 18 April 2014

Spring Wedding

Hi All,

This is a card that I made for a friend who is getting married tomorrow. I actually made her wedding invites. When I asked her to give me a brief, she had mentioned that the colour of the bridesmaid dresses were sage green , she is having a herb bouquet with hints of Lavender. She asked me to think country garden. I also know that she is going to have bunting at the reception .. and her 7 year old sister will be one of her bridesmaids. I took all of those factors as an inspiration for this card.

I love this Tilda, and its been an age since I have inked it up and it seemed perfect for the occasion. I teamed it with some papers from "Tilda - Kitchen Garden" .... Then to be honest the whole card sort of evolved rather than sticking to the concept that was in my head.

I have so many flower die's but I ended up opting for stamping, and cutting out all the flowers!! I used a little rose stamp from "Kanban" onto both Green and White Vellum, I embossed it with "wow powder - sparking snow" Then I added butterflies, onto lavender veelum- Also A Kanban stamp.

The bunting is a "papermania" stamp, which I coloured with copics, but to be honest when I added all the flowers it just looked wrong, as the flowers were so soft and luxurious looking, and the brightly coloured bunting just seemed to clash and it just did not marry up. So I then decided to stamp the bunting up in the vellum too & to create an overlay to the coloured image. ... I was really pleased with the way that turned out, but then the coloured image looked so matt in comparision to the rest of the card. So I coloured over the dresses with twinkling H2o's I used "oyster" on the bride and " luminesant green" on the bridesmaid dress. ...... and somehow through a lot of playing and adapting as I went along I ended up with this, and for once I am really happy.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Crafty Cardmakers - Handmade flowers
Magnolia-licious - All things flowery
Everybody Art challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Spring
A Random Fan - Show us your springy colours
Penny Paper Craft Challenge - Ice cream colours
Fab'N'Funky - Flower Power
Marvelous Magnolia - Anything Goes ( I have entered in beginners, I have only been in a top 3 once in a magnolia only challenge )
Crafty Girls - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - B is for? (Bride)
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Fairy Tale challenge - Butterflies
Open Minded Challenge - Spring Colours
613 Avenue - Anything Goes

Once again Thanks for looking
Hugs Juls

28 comments:

  1. Very pretty!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shaped wedding card love the beautiful image beautiful dies and the delicate coloured green B.paper-thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Thanks for joining Fab n Funky this week. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Juls thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous my sweetie, love the lush papers & the Maggie stamp, I havnt inked this one up for a long time. Your friend will love it shug.
    Hope you have a wonderful easter weekend hun ;0)

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous sweetie, just love everything about it!!

    Happy Easter!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really pretty card, sweet image and lovely colours. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful!! Love all those amazing flowers. Just so beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Lov this very beautiful card Juls, the image and details are so beautiful and I love the very scrummy flowers.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely colours and details, such a pretty card Juls :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. An absolutely beautiful card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have really created this card with love Julia, the thought put into it has defiantly payed off . I love the stamping on velum and the soft greens . Bet the bride to be is so pleased.
    janex

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous wedding card. Love the colour palette. The real bridal party must have been so pretty!

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh beautiful, so fresh ! Lovely card for your friend !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Wedding card Juls. I'm sure your friend loved it. I love the softness of the colours. Really pretty.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's just beautiful Juls.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful wedding card. Thank you for joining us at CCM&M this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous Juls, love this stamp and your floral display is stunning. Thank you for joining in our Flowery challenge over at Magnolia-licious. Good luck! Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can see why you are happy, this is a beautiful card and fits the inspiration perfectly. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Juls I'm sure your friend will treasure this card and it appears from your brief to match the wedding perfectly. Beautiful and very thoughtful.

    Hugs and happy crafting!

    Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a beautiful wedding card! So beautifully coloured and designed. Thank you for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia, good luck and I hope you will join us in the next challenge.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow this is totally gorgeous! So very elegant love it!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I have a great giveaway so don’t forget to join in  Crafting Vicky giveaway post 

    ReplyDelete
  25. The vellum is just AMAZING on this Beautiful card, Juls!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful! Love all the flowers and hanging embellishments behind Tildas :)
    Thanks for joining Open-Minded Crafting Fun this week.
    We're having new challenge starting in a few hours :) Please join us again too!
    Hugs, Mikha

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful design!. Thanks for joining us at 4 Krafty Girlz -hope to see you again for a furture challenge. hugs Angelie

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is stunning! Really lovely colours and the image - and the flowers, wow! Thanks for joining Open-Minded Crafting Fun, Good Luck! We hope to see you again soon.

    Hanne, DT

    ReplyDelete