Followers

Monday 25 July 2011

I've been shopping !!!!!


Hello All,

I am back from my week with the inlaws, it was a lovely relaxing week, we didn't do much, went out for coffee, went for a little walk, e.c.t. e.c.t ....... I did do a little craft shopping, but my purchases are different from normal, normally some stamps and paper pads will have sneaked their way into my basket, this time I can tell I am definitely in an art journaling page ..... I saw these lovely sketch pads in various sizes which I thought would make great journals ... also I loved the fact they were square! ...... I got a small paintbrush for fine detail .... and some various mesh's as I thought they would be fab for paint effects ..... also I finally got a tim holtz shadow box, I have been wanting to try one for ages, but I have not got round to it, also I really don't have a clue what I am doing .... I guess I will just play and see what happens.

When I got home the Kate Crane art journaling DVD that I ordered arrived, so after I had unpacked, put a wash on e.c.t I sat down last night and watched it, its fab I have learnt so much!!! and I am desperate to get started! however I must make cards today, I have booked a table at the Strathpeffer community centre in September, its the first time I have attempted anything like this, so I am quite nervous .... but I guess first I need stock to sell !! ...... maybe I will do a little journaling this evening.

I am shockingly behind in commenting, I managed to pop in occasionally while I was away .... so it may take me a little while to catch up, but I will get round to you all eventually!

Take care
Hugs Juls

24 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a lovely break Juls. It looks like you have a lot of fun in store with your new goodies.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juls, woow, you're so lucky, great shopping!
    I'm dreaming about Kate Crane DVD.
    Hugs,
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoooo wow they look like FUN! I have recently gotten into Art Journal and I am thinking of taking some classes to learn a bit more. Can't wait to see what you make :)

    Hugs Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hun

    Glad to hear you have been pampering yourself. How exciting a craft table with your gorgoeus creations - you can't go wrong (oh make sure you don't undersell yourself)!!!! The art journaling sounds really interesting and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    Good luck with everything.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Juls,

    Sounds like you had a super holiday and you're back all refreshed and filled with lots of new and crafty ideas!

    Good luck with the stock build up!

    And enjoy your new purchases when you get a chance!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh-oh--it looks like you've caught the art journaling bug--you can get lost in this world--the possibilities are endless--I'm sure you know this. All of the techniques are great too by helping you apply them with other art projects including your cards. Good luck with your show in September!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good week away. Lots of lovely goodies for you to play with there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Juls, a show! How exciting! Just ENJOY the process and don't get stressed! I think your new art journaling will flow over into your FAB cards! Can't WAIT to see! Have fun today creating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh lovely purchases hope you get some time soon to let your creativity and journalling flow. Look forward to seeing what you create :)x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cant wait to see some of your new art journaling! I am loving it myself these days...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see lots of beautiful art journal on the way.......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the square journalling books and Kate's book looks fab. I've got a TH box nearly finished just got a few more trinkets to add, I know what I want and just can't get it!
    Hope you had a fab holiday...I ended up with more stamps on my trip south, LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow they are fab Juls and cannot wait to see your new art work hun...!

    have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the art journal pages you made already so I am very curious what your next ones will look like!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a good relaxing week away and are now ready to journal away - you can so easily get lost in it can't you?
    Looking forward to seeing what your journal pages look like.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Juls! I am feeling so thrilled for you and your goodies! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hiya juls, its great to see you back and i can`t wait to see what you create with your new goodies ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Juls. So happy you have my DVDs! Can't wait to see your journal pages :-)
    The rest of your purchases look fab - the journals are just asking for paints and inks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the different sizes of your journals and I look forward to seeing your creations for them, Juls!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh juls hun,glad you had a good holiday,cant wait too see your pages hun know they will be amazing hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhh fabulous haul and love the square journal too. Glad you had a nice time with your in-laws.
    I am into journalling too at the moment, its so therapuetic, i am hooked lol.
    If you get time, please pop by my Dezinaworld blog today as i have a free collage sheet for everyone. I hope you will like it. Have a great day !
    June

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Juls, glad you had a good holiday. Not done any art journalling myself - I tend to stick to what I know (card making) so will be interested to see your creations. Sure they will be gorgeous! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  23. awe, hunni what a fabulous post! I am so happy for you! Enjoy your goodies.xxx

    Don't worry about calling, promise.xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fun, colourful, superb, awesome and best work you done here. It is mixture of colours. Also it is so cute and creative work, your idea is unique.
    printed mouse mats

    ReplyDelete