Followers

Monday 27 September 2010

Reflections with Acetate

I have been asked by a few people how to create a reflection using acetate. I am in no way claiming to be an expert, the " how to" I have created below is only the 2nd time I have ever attempted this technique, and I am still in need of loads of practice myself!

It was the lovely Kate from the house of sugar that told me about this technique on Thursday when I popped through for a visit, so all credit goes to her! THANK YOU KATE!!!

so: Step one - stamp onto acetate:

Step 2: place the wet side down onto your card and rub over with your hand to transfer the image
Step 3: Stamp the image again so directly above the reflection you have created


and, finally colour!....I need a lot more practice at this part, I have tried to colour the reflection darker than the main image, also I have only used horizontal strokes and have gone out of the lines slightly to create a distorted look, as you would get with water....and this time I have rubbed a little stickles over the reflection.

I hope this has been easy enough to follow, the photo's are not brill, I had one hand on the crafting and the camera in the other hand...LOL!!!

Hugs to you all
Juls

21 comments:

  1. Lovely work Julia.

    I've never tried it using acetate, I always do it with a brayer, but it can be difficult to get the reflection accurate. Going to give this method a try.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great Juls, thanks for showing us how to do that. Made perfect sense to me.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful Juls.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh thnx Juls - lovely to see how you did it - great job B xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fabulous, Juls! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow such a fabulous tutorial, your image looks amazing. Thanks for sharing...
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Juls will defineatly have to have a go at this , so love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful tute,thanks for sharing.
    Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave comments - really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW what a great effect! This looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing this Juls :)

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Juls, what a neat idea. Don't know if my hands are steady enough for this technique... LOL!!! would end up wearing the ink!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!
    This was amazing!
    Have a good day:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome Juls .. .. thank you so much for sharing.

    Must have a go at some stage as the finished result is stunning.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well if your not an expert I don't know who is this is amazing! Wow! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. your GG is sooo pretty Juls...but she looks a bit forlorn by the river there!! lol

    I left you an award! bx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful Juls! This tutorial is fabulous and very clever. Love how you did 2 previous cards with the reflections :) Hugs~Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Juls..this is fabulous chick..im sure i wouldnt be able to colour it even half as well!!
    TFS
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic idea Juls and such a fab tutorial
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Juls

    Great tutorial thank you for the inspiration.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Juls
    wonderful idea.
    What is acetate?
    Hugs Karla

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous techinique, I shall be trying that one. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete